Monday, September 21, 2009

Back on the Path


Please forgive the unexplained absence. I am afraid I unexpectedly strayed away from the Back Roads for a few months, as a few incidences (good and bad) have stolen my attention.

I am glad to say, however, that I have not stopped exploring, and you can expect a new outpouring of adventures and destinations over the next couple of weeks . . . including a few "Sidetracks" highlighting my excursions while visiting family in good old St. Louis. This photograph, in fact, was taken outside the front door of Remember When, an antique appliance store along Antique Row on Cherokee Street in Louie. On the other side of that mysterious sign and those lace curtains, one may find sixty-year-old stoves, fifty-year-old refrigerators, hundred-year-old sewing machines . . . and a cautious one-eyed dog of indeterminable age.

But more on that later. Right now, it's time to get back to business, and back to the glory and wonder of the Great West.

No comments:

Post a Comment